Monday, October 14, 2013

My Art My Way

Being an artist does have its challenges. But, being a visually impaired artist possesses even bigger challenges itself . For start, its getting the art community to take you seriously as a professional artist. Second, its getting your work out there for the world to see. However, I have taken care of that via the internet and creating my own online art gallery. . It is technology that allows the world to see my creations and enjoy them. But, enough about that, allow me to bring your attention on why I became a visually impaired artist in the first place.

I do art to show individuals how I see the world through my limited vision and how I can utilize my imagination to fill in the gaps. It is my way of creating art and feel the satisfaction of being a professional visually impaired artist who  refuse to accept any limits in being creative. I find that when I go beyond the parameters of creating art from within, I'm able to paint or draw freely. There are no need for rules here. I create the way I decide to create and I develop my own techniques to remain original.

Art is like a movie. you are the director whose objective is to create a work of art (the movie) to entertain, tell a story , wow the audience and keeping them interested. My art does that. My aim is to add a little spice to the mix by being visually impaired.

I started off working in pen and ink. Next, I would venture into watercolors, graduating to a bigger challenge of conquering acrylics, and recently, I decided to try an even bigger challenge by working in oil.  I am always on the look out for ways to diversify my art, expand my interest and move people  into a conversation concerning my disability and creations.

I keep my works inspirational I order to give GOD, himself, the credit for enabling me the ability to work as an artist and continue to move forward with my art. I have so much to be thankful for and so many stories to tell in my paintings. Some painting will have sceneries of places one can recognize and others will be sceneries that I imagine. It is often amazing that I can sit still for a few minutes and an image comes into my mind and I am instantly able to apply that image onto canvas or board .

I enjoy being a professional visually impaired artist. But, I am able to add "award winning" to the tile and feel good about my accomplishments, in which, I will share in another article. I will continue to show my works in art galleries and other public facilities whenever possible and I have my own online art gallery to be proud of as well

Uniquewanders Art Gallery and Studios- online art gallery http://www.uniuewanders.com
"Mountain Truckers" acrylic on canvas By Michael A. Williams
 

No comments:

Post a Comment