Sunday, November 24, 2013

Evening Drive

It's very rare to hear someone say they love traffic, and so, I guess I am among the rare ones to say I love traffic. I find it very interesting to watch as individuals are sitting in their vehicles going  nowhere fast, throwing hand gestures and yes, hearing the French that come out of their mouths. Hopefully, prayer for forgiveness will follow. As an artist, I enjoy studying how they go about manicuring their cars and trucks out of one land into another hoping to gain an inch closer to their destination. Of course, I have had my fair share of traffic jams, and believe me, it's no fun. Although, I'm the passenger and I usually find myself getting more frustrated than the driver do.  

I decided to create "Evening Drive" as part of a new series titled appropriately the "Traffic Jam" series and will feature many original oil and acrylic paintings and a few limited edition prints. "Evening Drive" was created due an evening trip with a family member and watching the sun peaking through the trees, as well as viewing the traffic. I  felt a desire to capture that moment on canvas. The painting took me a few weeks to complete due to the drying time of the oils and layering the painting until I was satisfied that I had the right amount of color in the art piece.

2 comments:

  1. How very interesting, Michael! Loved your idea of a series entitled "Traffic Jam" and the painting! I am writing a post about driving, too. It should be up tomorrow if you check http://amybovaird.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I look forward to reading your post..

      Delete